Miserly Middlesbrough to march on at Oldham Athletic

By Mark Peters IN Archive,Best bet articles,General,Match Preview - 19:45 Aug 11th 2015
 

Both Middlesbrough and Oldham began the new season by collecting a point on the road, at Preston and Walsall respectively.

The infographic below shows you how the two teams match up in their stats from the last 10 games. The yellow boxes to the left or right show you which team has performed better in that particular category:

Oldham v M'Boro
Wed 12th Aug, 19:45
10 GAME ULTIMATE FORM GUIDE
OLDHAMM'BORO
1
WON
5
6
DRAWN
2
3
LOST
3
9
GOALS FOR
10
12
GOALS AGAINST
10
2
CLEAN SHEETS
6
4
SCORED FIRST
4
ATTACKING FORM AVERAGES
0.9
GOALS FOR
1
6
SHOTS FOR
8
7
SHOTS
PER GOAL
8
15%
CONVERS. RATE
10%
DEFENSIVE FORM AVERAGES
1.2
GOALS AGAINST
1
10
SHOTS AGAINST
10
8
SHOTS
PER GOAL
10
14%
CONVERS. RATE
9%
2
TOTAL
9

*Playoffs not included*

Oldham have really been struggling recently, failing to record a single victory in any of their previous nine matches. Despite converting an impressive 15% of their chances over the course of their last ten fixtures, the Latics have still averaged less than one goal per game due to their inability to carve out opportunities.

Aitor Karanka’s charges have endured similar difficulties at the top end of the pitch, but a record of six clean sheets during this period shows where they are at their strongest. Championship sides have found the net with a mere 9% of their efforts against the Teesside outfit in recent times, so things will be tough for their League One opponents.

KICKOFF VERDICT

Upsets generally require the team from the lower division to be in good form and that is not the case here. Our exclusive Kickoff algorithm gives Oldham a 24% chance of victory, with the draw at 23%. We are backing Middlesbrough to get the job done at 53% though.

Here is our Win/Draw/Win accumulator for the Capital One Cup matches on Wednesday night. Simply click on the coupon to place your bet or put together your own version using the widget underneath it:

Bet365WednesdayWDW

Predictions
Form Streaks
Form Stats
Decimal Odds
Fractional Odds
American Odds
Prediction percentages

To put together your own accumulator, just click on the percentages of the bets you want in the widget above in order to add them to your bet slip. Then, once you have made all of your selections, click to the right of your chosen bookmakers’ logo in the bet slip to place your bet.

If you’d like to see more helpful stats for a particular game, then simply click on the relevant blue arrow to the extreme left of the percentages.

REGISTER NOW TO GET EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS

Register with KickOff.co.uk to get access to our exclusive free service tracking all your accumulator bets and their outcomes, get free live in-play predictions from across Europe's biggest leagues and get all the live in-play stats and scores. It takes less than 30 seconds to register and is well worth your time, simply click the image beneath.

This entry was posted in Archive, Best bet articles, General, Match Preview
and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.