We work with the UK's leading betting sites on a daily basis and want to give you a clear guide as to how you can get the best out of football betting.
Alongside our expert football tips, we've pulled together this resource to give you the clearest, impartial view on where you should be betting online.
Not all online sportsbooks are the same, and in an increasingly competitive marketplace, bookies are constantly innovating and adapting to attract new customers. They do so in three main areas: new customer offers and bonuses; cash back and in-play offers; and odds enhancements.
Once you've picked up a new bookmaker head to the Acca Smacker to build your accumulator using our acca predictor, tracker and odds calculator.
Betfair is the biggest betting exchange in the world and has become an online bookmaker offering fixed odds bets to customers. Find out more about the latest free bets and bonus offers available from Betfair.
Bet365 is the leading global online gambling company, with more than 4 million customers in 200 different countries. View the latest offers and information on Bet365.
With a huge range of events and betting markets available (much more than some competitors), 888Sport is the place to go for a comprehensive overview of every available bet. Find out more about them and their latest offers here.
BetVictor is the new face of Victor Chandler, a broker with a long-standing reputation for service, and offers competitive odds alongside regular free bet promotions. Get more information on this bookie and their latest news and promotions.
The world's cheekiest bookie also regularly has some of the cheekiest enhanced odds and accumulator offers for new customers. Find out more by reading our detailed review.
Betfred is famous for special bets and free bet offers. One of the best-known bookies around, and a trusted name, you can find out more about their latest offers here.
Start betting with Coral and benefit from a variety of excellent opportunities. One of the best-respected bookies out there, Coral rarely disappoints. Find out about the latest offers from Coral and read our review.
Ladbrokes is a world leader in sports-betting, and as you'd expect has a huge range of options available for punters - as well as some great promotions and offers. Find out more in our detailed review.
UK Bookmakers Reviewed
We've pulled together detailed reviews on all the bookies we feature on the KickOff site, click on any of the links above to learn more about that bookmaker and the current offers they have available.
Our reviews cover off all the major features of these betting sites, giving you a quick digest of what the bookie’s key differentiators are and why you should bet with them.
All of the betting sites take UK customers online, and some will accept customers from other countries. It is, however, worth noting that some bookmakers may operate different sign-up offers for new customers in other countries
Types of bookmaker offer
New customer offers
There are three main ways in which bookies attract new customers:
- Free bets – usually credited once a user has placed their bet, or made their first deposit. Sometimes made available with no deposit
- Matched deposit offers – the bookie matches any initial deposit made by the punter, typically to a value of 50 or 100% of the initial deposit
- Enhanced odds – improved match odds for new and existing customers designed to attract new customers or encourage betting from punters.
Cash-out, cash-back and in-play offers
Cashback and in-play offers can come in a variety of forms and usually, relate to accumulator insurance or in-play cash-out offers.
In-play offers are generally available when you bet prior to a specific game and are then rewarded with a free bet to bet with in-play. Bet365 are major exponents of this type of offer.
Accumulator insurance varies between betting sites, but will generally mean your stake is returned as a free bet should one leg lose. Brands have specific criteria as to the type of bets that must be in your accumulator, and the number of legs it must contain, to qualify.
Many advanced betting sites now also offer cash-out and partial cash-out offers. These typically let you settle a bet early before every leg of the bet has finished, or allow you settle part of the bet before it is fully completed.
Online bookmakers - FAQ
What should you look for when picking a betting site?
Of course, this varies from punter-to-punter depending on your requirements – but there are few pointers to look out for:
- The best odds – the odds comparison feature in our Smart Bet slip makes it much easier to identify the best odds for your bet or accumulator, and getting the best price should always be your most important consideration.
- The right sign-up offer – these vary hugely and have very specific conditions, make sure you chose the right offer for you.
- All the markets – despite most bookmakers using variations of the same software, there are some differences and you should ensure the betting site you pick covers off all the sports and events you are looking for at the best prices.
- Offers for existing customers – Most bookmakers will offer ongoing promotions to existing customers to incentivise their betting. This could be as simple as accumulator insurance or include a free bet club that offers weekly free bets if users wager a certain amount within the period.
- Match streaming – Some of the best betting sites allow you to stream sport free of charge, often only insisting you have credit in your account. Great for in-play betting, sites like Bet 365, Betfair, Paddy Power and Ladbrokes offer streaming from some of the top global leagues and competitions.
- Unique features – Competition is fierce among bookmakers, and it doesn't take long for them to copy each other's new innovations. But, new features can be particularly compelling when picking a new bookie - with in-play and cash out the key areas of focus in recent years as brands look for an edge over one another in attracting punters.
- Mobile site/app – Whether you prefer using a mobile site or native app installed to your phone desktop, ensuring you're happy and confident with your chosen bookie's mobile experience is vital. If you need to bet on the move or in-play, track your bets or cash out it's going to be vital you know your way around the interface - or you could miss out.
- Convenience – is the site easy to use? Is it simple to deposit and withdraw cash? And most importantly, can you figure out how to place a bet quickly? Again, or Smart Bet slip helps with this process by taking your bet selections through to the bookmaker sites and seamlessly adding them to the bet slip.
Is there a catch to free bets and matched deposit offers?
Introductory offers are designed to make you sign-up and become a customer, so ensure the offer works in your favour.
But other than being certain about what you’re signing-up to there should be no real issue – betting sites pay for these promotions out of their marketing budgets and are more than happy to give you your free bet or matched deposit to get you on-board.
Can all online bookmakers be trusted?
There are literally hundreds of online betting sites, understanding which ones are honest and transparent can be tough.
We only feature and review bookies on the KickOff site that we have tried and tested, and which we know act scrupulously.
If your experience has been otherwise with any of the brands we feature on our site please let us know.
How do you review bookie sites?
The only way to really assess a betting site is to use it.
We have collectively used every online bookmaker we feature on KickOff, and completed reviews from a ‘hands-on’ perspective to give you an honest overview of each site.